Romantic Heart, Wild Spirit, Peaceful Soul.
Hey there! I'm Kate, a Colorado Springs based and destination photographer.
My clients see me as gracious, patient, experienced and accepting. My friends and family describe me as driven, passionate, intuitive, nurturing, earthy and safe. My mom says I’m deep and logical. xoxo! Love you mama.
A connected observer, I pride myself on being a thoughtful photographer that embraces the journey in this adventure we call life.
NATIVE AND FOREIGN
My heart is balanced between loving on budding families and connecting with inspiring people around the globe in humanitarian work. I could never leave either for long.
FUN KATE FACTS
- I love riding bicycles. At one time in my life I owned 12 bikes (a type for every occasion) and my garage looked like a bike shop.
- I believe there are few feelings greater than being at an airport or packing your car for a road trip; the world is open to you.
- My dad lived in Nigeria, Africa and did all the cooking growing up. Staple meals in my house included things like groundnut stew and every kind of curry. I didn’t even try meatloaf or corn dogs until I was in my late 20’s!
- I eloped with my husband. Bare-footed, we stopped passersby in a park in Oregon to be our witnesses after petitioning a judge for a same-day license.
- I lived and worked in Yosemite National Park for a year and when I go back to visit it feels like a home away from home.
- I love the theater (Theaterworks season ticket holders!) there is nothing better than being swept into someone's story.
- My great grandmother's lake cottage in Michigan is still in our family and is my place of pure peace.
- I thrive as part of a community and love on my clients like I would those in my family.
- I believe in documenting life as therapy. I find that you don't know your own strength or beauty until you see yourself through another’s lens.
From running around the yard slaying dragons with my kids to mountaintop kisses with my sweet husband, I believe in life’s extraordinary, ordinary adventures. Life really is a beautiful, wild, heart-thumping thing.
"Kate, you are such a phenomenal photographer, artist and person. Your gift is in how much thought and love you put into every single moment you photograph. Ryan and I are absolutely honored and blessed to have shared our wedding day with you." -Kendra